How to Identify Real Olive Oil? Olive oil is in our lives with all its generosity. An ancient friend of human health. It has been representing peace, well-being, healing, beauty, taste and pleasantness for many years.
Beautiful things have always been imitated. It was said “imitations keep the originals alive”. But when it is about health, imitations can spoil health. Oils can also be imitated like many valuable products that nature provides us.Let’s take a look at the truth of olive oil together, not to miss the real things from the kitchens. First of all we have to pay attention to purchasing processes. Olive oil is healing and strong enough to create its own miracle; but it’s also pure. That’s why suitable conditions should be created for oils.
* When we look at the real olive oil price policy, there is a lower cost of obtaining the product. We have no chance to find a real product below this Turkish Lira value. For this reason, we can understand without buying, smelling, and tasting that low-priced olive oils are not real.
* Olive Oil has many kinds of colours according to its nature. So that, it can not be possible to understand if it is pure or not by looking at its color.
* Colour differences can occur even according to the type of trees and the picking periods.
* Olive oil shouldn’t be stored in the refrigerator. But if we want to test the oil, we can put a glass of olive oil in the refrigerator. The oil will freeze between 0 and -6 degrees. Its structure will crystallize. The oil may not be real if it’s not frozen. (Rarely, olive oils from some regions may not freeze due to their chemical components). However, freezing of the oil does not impair its quality.
* It is said in Turkey “Don’t rise to the top like olive oil.” If we add some olive oil into a glass of water, it bubbles up and rises to the top, it means the olive oil is real.
* Olive oil has a fruity taste and smell. Depending on the variety, this ratio may increase or decrease; but even in the lower limit, for a real olive oil it’s very specific and special.
* When you taste it, the aroma of the oil fills your entire mouth and you start to taste the bitter taste of the oil towards your nasal. This taste disappears in a short time. The product may not be fresh, pure or real; if its bitter taste does not disappear and the burning sensation continues until your stomach.
* There are a few properties that should remain in your palate when olive oil is told. The fruity taste and bitter taste it leaves in the mouth and the burningness that will disappear quickly.